I have been in public schools in Tulsa my entire professional life. I first started teaching at East Central HS in 2008, then Clinton MS, and I joined TSAS in 2011 as an English teacher. In 2016, I started as the first middle school principal. This job is the supreme joy of my life. I love our school, our students, our families, and our teachers and staff deeply. In my spare time, I hang out with my wife Amanda and our two kids Adrian and David. I love soccer, food, Bright Eyes, crossword puzzles, riding my bike, making soup, TV, and relaxation.
I do the work I do because I draw strength and clarity from our students. I see all the answers for all of our problems in them and am filled with hope at their brilliance, senses of humor, and innate strength. I will be at TSAS for as long as they let me and I look forward to every twist and turn in the road as we wind our way toward self-actualization together.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Education from Northeastern State University
- Master of Education in Educational Administration, Curriculum, and Supervision from the University of Oklahoma
- Doctorate of Education in Educational Administration and Policy Studies from the University of Oklahoma (in progress)
I have taught at children’s theatres and schools in three different countries. I am married and I have one dog named Daisy. I love singing, reading, gardening, napping, tinkering with language, and cooking. Speech and debate is the only sport I care about! 😉
I teach to empower young people, and thereby affect change in the world.
- Bachelor of Arts in Theatre from Oklahoma City University
- Bachelor of Arts in Music from Oklahoma City University