Who We Are
The TSAS Counseling Department consists of:
Nicole Alterici (MS Counselor)
Shaniece Randle (HS Academic Counselor)
Kenzie Park (School Based Specialist).
The department is led by the Dean of Students, Rebecca Ortiz.
What we believe:
We believe that all students can see success with a solid support system. Our counseling department seeks to be that extra support whether it’s academic, social/emotional, or behavioral. We strive to live out the TSAS mission by ensuring that every student is welcomed as they are, known and valued for who they are, challenged to become a better version of themselves, encouraged in their efforts to become that person, and celebrated for their successes.
What we do:
The TSAS counseling department strives to meet students’ social, emotional, and academic needs to ensure they can have a successful school day. This looks like:
- Providing space to students who may need a minute to regulate themselves before returning to class*
- Making any necessary and approved schedule changes
- Providing snacks/toiletry items to students and provide food pantry access for any family that is in need
- Holding small groups for building social and emotional skills
- Academic check-ins for students who need additional support
And so much more…
Please reach out to your grade specific counselor with any questions about services provided.
*Our counselors are not therapists and do not provide therapy. They can provide short-term, solution-focused counseling at a maximum of three sessions. After three sessions, students are referred to our School-Based Specialist who can connect families to a variety of outside resources and therapists.
If you would like to support the TSAS Counseling department, please visit our Amazon wish list here.